Not knowing is worse than getting a “NO”
“We didn’t want to call because we knew what you were going to say,” is how Ray & Ana from Arizona opened the conversation with us. Their business had been hit hard by the last economic downturn and they had turned to credit cards to keep up with the bills. Through hard work and perseverance they had managed to get their company heading in the right direction; unfortunately, the interest rates on their plastic cards were growing faster than their income.
“No matter how much we put in it, that hole just keeps getting deeper! We thought about refinancing our home so we could pay off our debts but our bank didn’t want to talk to us; also, we were a little embarrassed because of our situation and some friends said there was no way we could get a loan – so we put off calling you for a few months,” added Ray.
Oh brother, with banks and friends like these…
Here are a few things you need to keep in mind if you’re hesitant to call us for advice:
- Our job is to try and get you the money you need, when you need it. That means we’ll actually work with you in any way we can to accomplish your goals.
- “Friends” may know their own financial options BUT they don’t know yours.
- It’s not a crime, nor is it unusual for a person to find themselves cash-strapped with a severe case of the “shorts.” It happens to most of us and there is no cause to be discomfited.
- The longer you wait, the deeper the abyss is going to be when you do.
- It’s always better to know than to just assume it’s a “No.” Besides, when you work with us we’ll always try to give you advice as to how to get the answer to “Yes.”
As for Ray & Ana, turns out they were wrong – they didn’t know what we were going to say. Since they had done everything they could to maintain their credit rating and had ample equity in their home, well, let’s just say that 17 days after they called us they were smiling again. Isn’t it amazing how fresh the air seems when you are no longer being hounded by creditors?
By the way, if you are looking for some new friends I know a nice couple that just parted from some of their old ones.
Have a great day.
Royal United Mortgage LLC offers a full array of lending solutions. Home Mortgages, Refinances, Home Equity Loans or Reverse Mortgages (HECM), are all part of our financial solutions and we look forward to working with you to find the best one that will meet your short-term needs and achieve your long-term goals.
To see how simple it can be, check out our video.
Dan from the Royal United Mortgage LLC team.